Heat Only boilers (sometimes known as traditional, conventional or regular boilers), provide just the heat source. All the other components, such as the pump are external to the boiler.
Ideally suited to homes that already have a heat only boiler making it an easy and cheaper boiler swap without causing too much disruption.
- A good option when all the other components of the system are in good condition and do not require upgrading keeping the cost of the upgrade down.
- These boilers need a small header tank that maintains the water level of the central heating system normally in the loft.
- A regular boiler may be the best option for replacing an existing boiler if the property has an older radiator system, as it might not be able to cope with the higher water system pressures associated system or combi boilers.
- Heat only boilers are automatically topped up from the header tank, which is ideally suited to elderly or disabled, where manually filling may be difficult.
- Compatible with solar water heating systems for a lower carbon footprint and lower energy costs
- Perfect for boiler changes where there’s no space to fit a system or Combi boiler, possibly in a cupboard or where the flue position cannot be moved.
- Great choice where it is near impossible to get an upgraded gas pipe to the boiler location without lots of disruption, which is normally required for a Combi boiler.