Immediately dangerous Swimming pool boiler!

 

This week we were called out to service a swimming pool boiler, but ended up capping of the gas supply! Water ingress from the flue had corroded the heat exchanger and rotted the pilot assembly.The result of this meant the flue gases did not have a pathway to escape out of the flue. Flue gases were instead filling the room and causing unsatisfactory levels of carbon monoxide to build up. Luckily this occurred in a pool house rather than inside a clients property.

If you still have an old floor standing boiler which hasn’t been serviced for a while, please call us to get it checked. Older opened flue boilers such as back boilers require more attention when servicing due to the dangers of flue gases spilling into the room.

Contact us now for free advice  : 01322 227001 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *