Do you want high quality hassle free drinking water on tap in your home?
Tap water in this country is safe to drink but some people might argue drinking “recycled sewage” lacks appeal. Did you know that 30% of bottled water sold in UK supermarkets is reprocessed tap water so why not save yourself the extra burden on your shopping trip and filter it yourself at home!
Water companies spend millions of pounds every year testing the quality of our tap water and keeping the quality as high as it can be.
The fact remains that this purifying process using chlorine and other chemicals can leave an unsavory taste in the mouth compared to most of the bottled water alternatives and affects our much loved cups of tea and coffee.
For the people who notice this taste and smell in tap water and prefer to buy bottled water every time you go shopping is a hassle!
Plus the environmental burden of bottled water, imported water brands have 300 times the CO2 emissions per litre as a litre of tap water – the latter has a footprint of around 0.0003kg of carbon per litre. As for bottles, it takes 162g of oil and 7 litres of water (including power-plant cooling water) to manufacture a one litre bottle. Recycling rates in the UK for Pet (polyethylene terephthalate) bottles are vastly improved – up by 6% last year. Brilliant news, but what happens to the other 94%? You guessed it- landfill!
Which water is right?
There are many different drinking water filters on the market and it can be a real minefield trying to work out which is best for you. Our most common seller is a simple carbon cartridge type filter which connects to a cold water supply in properties – typically under a kitchen sink, it provides an additional tap, filtering water on demand. The water is filtered through a special carbon cartridge that is replaced periodically in seconds.
The filter is designed to filter out bacteria, dirt, chlorine taste and odor, mould, algae and removes cryptosporidium and giardia.
This filter can be fitted in your home from as little as £150.00.
- Chlorine-free water
- Fresh and clean smelling water
- Fewer visits to the shops for drinking water – which is better for the environment too
- A reduction in limescale in kettles and coffee machines
- Sparkling clear water that’s great for drinking and food preparation
If you would like more information on this or you are interested in having this installed in your property please contact us or give us a call.